South Central Pennsylvania Genealogical Society, Inc. (SCPGS) is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization of genealogists. As genealogists, we study our ancestry and family history, and are interested in preserving our family heritage for future generations.
Our primary geographic area of interest and coverage is Pennsylvania's York and Adams counties.
Our purpose is to encourage and promote an interest in genealogy by ...
- collecting and preserving materials related to genealogy
- encouraging the compilation and publication of family genealogies and histories
- publishing materials of interest and benefit to members
- holding meetings for the education of our members and the public
- offering financial and volunteer support to the library at the York County Heritage Trust
PLEASE NOTE: South Central Pennsylvania Genealogical Society (SCPGS) is separate from the York County Heritage Trust, therefore, your membership in SCPGS will not obtain you free access to the library at the York County Heritage Trust.