On Saturday April 22nd from 9:00 AM until noon, South Central Pennsylvania Genealogical Society will sponsor an “Introduction to Ancestry” workshop at the York County History Center (250 East Market Street, York).
The session offers lectures coupled with hands-on instruction and exercises to build expertise in various aspects of Ancestry.com, including:
- Building your personal tree (and sharing it or keeping it private)
- Finding records for your geographic area of interest
- Using census, immigration, and military records
- Evaluating the content you find
- Tips & techniques for effectively using indexes
Students will spend a portion of the morning working on their own research in consultation with experts on hand for advice and instruction.
Students must bring their own laptops and should have an active Ancestry.com subscription (this may be a trial subscription). The York County History Center’s library edition of Ancestry.com can be used in the event that the participant does not have an active subscription.
To register send an email to scpgswebsite.com and instructions will be provided via return email. Registration is $30. Space is limited to ten participants.